Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Writing Steps: A Recursive and Individual Experience

After I read Writing Steps article, Warne, states that "All students needed the freedom to use the entire process as a unit while still understanding the total writing process as a series of generally consecutive steps that lead to good writing -and good answers on the ISAT.(Pag. 25) I agree with Warne I believe the students have different styles of learning,they can find the best way to use the writing process as Mary did with her writing. She started her writing by revising. As an example, during my workshop while we were discussing about what can I do in order to make my workshop better, Timothy suggested that it will be helpful if I make a change between brainstorming and free-writing by using free-writing first instead of brainstorming, at the same time Tara said that for her were more helpful to do brainstorming first, she said that doing brainstorming first it allowed her to find new themes and details for her writing. Now I understand that no matter how students use the steps of a writing process, the most important is that their writing should be accurate.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you connected Bonnie's thinking back to your workshop. It also reminds us how everyone's writing process is different, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete