Tuesday, July 28, 2009

10 more importants things about conferencing

1- Students can conduct surveys to learn how their peers go about writing.
2- Peer response group.
3- Teachers can show their strategies to their students.
4- Record.
5- Earlier conferences are helpful.
6- From a simple conversation to a more developed conversation.
7- repair the problem of the writer.
8- Exposed to a different level of writing.
9- teachers are coaches.
10-Students gain this sort of awarenes of the process of writing, so they can see what they do when they write.

3 comments:

  1. "Students can conduct surveys to learn how their peers go about writing."

    This would be good for us teachers to do, as well. Why haven't we had this discussion in class? Have we talked to each other about how we write?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent list, I particularly love number ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good question Timothy. I did not think about it. We could done that. I remember now what my father said when I got my bachelor degree. He said "Always remember that this not the end of your studies, this is just one step of the many that you have to walk" he was right. we are students. We should ask: How I write?

    ReplyDelete