Tuesday, July 21, 2009

After The End

In chapter twelve of Lane's book, He states that "Teachers who simple tell their students to write about anything will find a status quo quickly develop in the classroom." (Pag. 174) I agree with him, I like the way in how he approached Rick the student that did not want to write. I like the way he told him to write about a bad moment in his life, then he started to write. I think a writer not only have to write about wonderful times, but about bad times as well. In my opinion, students should have the freedom to choose their own topics.

2 comments:

  1. So true and as a species there is nothing more interesting to us as our own experience and how it stacks up against that of others. I think personal narrative is a great place to get students writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have to dig deeper and look at those other experiences. I have found when I do memoir writing about the bad times it helps me understand the event better.

    ReplyDelete