Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Using portfolios

I use portfolios to keep all my students work. In my opinion portfolios are very importan. It help me in organizing my curriculum for the next year. It is my best tool to show parents what their children are learning. Years ago I used to collect all my students work. I did not choose just the best. But I always end it up with a lot of junk. Now I found out that taking pictures of what my students have done in classes are the best, because I can take them everywhere and is not heavy.In writng, I choose some of the best writing for each student and collect them in their portfolios.I learned today that students piece of writing can be improve by letting our students go back and revised them by themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Mercedes,
    I really like your idea about taking pictures of student work. I would guess that your students like it too as it validates their work to an adult audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering what you mean by organizing your curriculum for the next year? How do you organize the portfolios? What about the 3-dimensional artwork that often goes with the written pieces of younger students? How do you deal with it since part of the experience of those kinds of pieces is tactile? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete