Thursday, July 16, 2009

After the End by Barry lane

After I read Lane, I found something interesting when Lane explains, in chapter nine (pag138) about "Building a story" He applies freethinking which is similar as freewriting. In freethinking the students do no use pencil or pen, but they use their brain. I like the idea to have my first and my second grade students to think about what they would like to write. I will tell them to walk around the room. I think this a good technique, since I am always looking for a new technique that uses movement in order to keep my class alive. This will be a good opportunity to introduce this technique to my students . My first grade students will love that. They like to move around the classroom and they want to no tobe force when I tell them what they have to do . Even though, they are very young I aways respect them and treat them in a way that I want to be treated.

After having my students finished their freethinking I will move along and I will tell them that they have to start writing! Although, sometimes I have students that do not like to do freewriting I will encouraged them to do it. They may come up with brillant ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Sound like a very good strategy. I will apply in my classroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure they will come up with brilliant ideas. The key phrase you used was encouraging them. We keep reading over and over again how powerful that is.

    ReplyDelete