Monday, July 27, 2009

Reflecting on grades and rubrics

"Our students should grow. Our job is to nurture that growth." That is what Ruth Ann Blynt wrote in her article,"The sticking Place." I like that quote. I believe that our students learn what we teach them. As a teacher we need to fulfill parents' expectations by showing them what their children have learned.

Usually my students are eager and motivated to learn Spanish. We start teaching them Spanish inmediately after they have enrolled in kindergarten. I always tried my best to encourage students to learn new Spanish words, songs, and games. By doing that, my students grades reflect with what they have learned. I believe that if they have a good grade is because they deserve it. By applying rubrics to my Spanish lessons, I can meassure how many of my students are learning Spanish and how many are not. So, when I check my rubrics I can see how many of my students are behind. I help them in order to be at the same level of my other students. I always tried not to leave them behind. Now I am proud that my students can write, speak and sing in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment